As we are all aware Magento 1 will be EOL in a few weeks and while most of us have upgraded to Magento 2 some have not been able to for reasons specific to themselves. To harden the blow to those still running Magento 1 PayPal have announced that you will no longer be able to take payments using Magento 1 and PayPal as the unsupported platform will not meet PCI requirement.
This is what PayPal advise:
You will need to migrate your commerce site off the Magento 1.x platform to Magento 2 or to another platform by 30 June 2020.
Since official support for Magento 1.x is ending after 30 June 2020, running web and software applications from this platform, after the 30 June 2020 cut-off date, will introduce several risks:
• Your site will become non-compliant for PCI DSS Requirements 6.1 and 6.2 which requires strict adherence to applying all vendor supplied security patches
• No new code upgrades or security patches will be created, and your site may degrade and become unstable
• Extensions or plug-in functionality may break or become unavailable
• Your site will become more exposed to security risks and increased likelihood of an account data compromise
What Action Is Required?
Before 30 June 2020, you will need to migrate to either:
Magento 2 platform https://magento.com/products/magento-commerce
• PayPal merchants – Follow the instructions on the Magento developer site to set up PayPal payment methods.
• Braintree merchants – Follow the instructions on the Magento developer site to set up Braintree payment methods.
Of course EveryHost are here to assist with your hosting to ensure PCI is met and your site loads fast and reliably. We can also help recommend from our partner list a developer to deal with upgrading to Magento 2.
We are part of the OpenMage community where a fork of Magento 1 will be accepting patches, we offer upgrade services, please contact us for more information.