Summary of the issue
Search cannot find Custom Attributes of more than one simple product within a bundle.
Bundles only appear in search results for one of the simple products attached to the bundle when searching by a custom attribute that all simple products share only one simple is recognised and returns the bundle.
For context the Bundle is returned in search when you search for either Simple product SKU but not for the custom attributes
- Magento version 2.4.0
- MySQL version 8.x
- PHP version 7.3.23
- Total number of products = 3k (3313)
- Total number of bundle products = 107
Steps to reproduce (*)
- Create bundle
- Create 2 Simple products and attach to Bundle
- Simple Products Visibility set to: Not Visible Individually
- Create Custom Attribute – TEXT FIELD and Searchable
- Attach attribute to both Simples
- Give each Simple a unique identifier e.g 001 & 002
- Flush cache
- Search for custom Attribute
Expected result (*)
- The bundle should appear in search results 001 & 002 for either custom attribute
Actual result (*)
Bundle only appears in search results for one of the simple products attached to the bundle. Not for both.
The bundle is returned when you search for either Simple product SKU but not for the custom attribute