Magento is no longer the go to eCommerce platform it was in 2008, other platforms such as Shopify have given more choice to store owners depending on their final goals and budget. In our opinion Magento although initially a steep learning curve, over all gives an advantage for customisation and SEO above the competition.
Don’t compromise on your commerce experience by using a one-size fits all solution. Magento is ideal for fast-growing small businesses.
Unlike Shopify, Magento:
- Allows you to fully control how you deliver your customer experience, without limits
- Evolves as your business grows and changes over time
- Supports expansion – Manage multiple stores, transacts in multiple countries, languages, currencies, and use several worldwide shipping providers, all within a single instance
- Leverages Magento’s large Extensions Marketplace to add rich feature/capabilities and enable integrations with your other digital tools (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Enables merchants to sell customizable products and digital goods online
- Enables merchants to handle the complexities of B2B commerce
Use this Magento vs Shopify comparison guide to weigh your options. The future of your eCommerce platform and potential business could be impacted by this pivotal information.
I doubt many reading this have not heard of Gymshark and the latest valuation of over $1 billion? Gymshark started life on Magento but migrated to Shopify Plus when its early infrastructure couldn’t scale to it’s rapidly increasing user base. Even with their budget a quick test shows the stores loading in over 6 seconds and some poor pagescores. This shows that the limitations in a one size fits all solution such as Shopify doesn’t give room for experimentation and customisation Magento 2 can offer.
Comparing our customised Magento 2.4 stack shows so much more potential. The stack comprises of PHP 7.4, MariaDB, LiteMage or Redis cache, Elasticsearch, Kibana, GIT and Composer making it super fast, secure and easy to use for store owners and their developers.
Magento 2.4 Results
Magento 2.4 Results